Friday, September 14, 2012

Picks: Week 3

After another poor performance last week, lets see if I can get back on track this week.  I have nine picks this week.  We finally have few top 25 matchups to preview after just 2 in the first 2 weeks combined.  

Also, I just want to brag on mrs. dallas hokie before I get going.  Yesterday, I was asking her opinions on these games just to see what she was thinking.  I started with the TCU Kansas game and asked her, "how much do you think TCU wins by?" Her response, "3 TDS" ... (see the 21 pt spread below).  I giggle a bit but don't really think anything of it.  I then ask her "how much do you think Georgia Tech wins by?" Her response this time "oh... a touchdown and a field goal" and I'm amazed (see the 10 pt spread below).  Way to go girl, you should go to Vegas! 


* Virginia Tech -10 over Pitt – Pitt has looked terrible this season.  While I think that they probably will stay close early (because VT is notorious for letting teams stay in the game early).  However, I think VT pulls away late and wins by 3 scores. 

Alabama -20 over Arkansas – I had this as Arkansas covering until I heard this morning that Tyler Wilson won't play.  Because of that, Alabama wins big.  

USC -8.5 over Stanford – While USC has had some scares an upsets in Palo Alto in the past, I think this one is different.  USC wins big.

* Michigan State -6 over Notre Dame – ND hasn’t impressed this season and MSU is probably the best team in the Big10.  MSU by a TD. 

Florida +3 over Tennessee – Florida impressed me last week with their win in College Station and I think they win again in Knoxville.  Florida covers and wins.

Wake +28 over FSU – That is way too many points for the unpredictable ACC.  FSU still wins big, but not by more than 28.

Georgia Tech -10 over Virginia – UVA looked sloppy in their win over Penn State last week and won’t be able to slow down Georgia Tech’s running game.  Plus the game is in Atlanta. 

* TCU -21 over Kansas – Kansas is as bad as usual and loses big to Big12 newcomer TCU.

* Northwestern -3.5 over Boston College – Here is your bonus pick of the week.  I don’t know how this line is this close.  Northwestern has beaten Syracuse and Vanderbilt already this year, two teams that are comparable to BC.  Plus this game is in Evanston.  Wildcats by a TD.

Click on the picks page for weeks 1 and 2.  

No comments:

Post a Comment