Sunday, September 9, 2012

Picks: Week 2 Reaction

With week two in the books, the craziness of college football is once again evident.  My picking ability this week seemed to reflect that un-predictability.  After struggling in week one, I went 3-5 overall and 1-3 on my confidence picks.  Check out the original post here.  

(L) * North Carolina -10.5 over Wake Forest – Oh the ACC...  Overall, the ACC has been performing well from top to bottom (see losses to FCS opponents the past 2 years), but there continues to be so much inconsistency among the middle and bottom level teams.

(L) * Oklahoma State -10.5 over Arizona – With the lateness of this game and fact that it wasn't on normal cable, I wasn't able to watch or follow.  But it seems like OSU just wasn't able to stop Arizona late, made some key mistakes and committed a bunch of penalties.  

(W)  Penn State +10 over Virginia – Penn State put up the fight I expected, but just didn't have the talent to win the game (see 4 missed FG and 1 missed extra point)... which i also expected.  I see this being the case most of the season.  The Nitany Lions will fight hard this season, but just lacks the talent.

(L) Duke +15 over Stanford – Ok.. I'm off the Duke train now.  I thought they would finally have a team to compete a little better, but I guess not.  Lets see how well they do in ACC play as the year progresses. 

(L) Texas A&M +1 over Florida – Looks like the same old Texas A&M, from last year.  They still can't close games late.  They should have been able to win this game and were by far the better team on the field in the first half.  Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come for the Aggies.

(W) * Georgia -2 over Missouri – I am high on Georgia this year and since I picked them to run the table in the regular season, I will pick them here.  While I think Mizzou will come out strong, they are just not ready for SEC football and will be outmatched by UGA. 

(L) * Michigan -21 over Air Force – So wrong on Michigan, I thought they were going to be good.  They did pull out this win, but I hoped that this would be a statement game.  They didn't do that and got scared from Air Force.  You have to be better than that if you want the respect.  If they don't show me something next week, they will quickly move down my rankings.

(W) Kansas State -7 over Miami (FL) – Collin Klein will took care of business this week.  He will be a legit Heisman candidate as the season progresses and lead his team to another great season.  I predict 10 wins this season for the wildcats. 

1 comment:

  1. Considerably the article is in reality the greatest on this noteworthy topic. I agree with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Saying thanks will not just be sufficient for the wonderful clarity in your writing. I will immediately grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates!
    City Federation City Building Game

    ReplyDelete