Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Picks: Week 1 Reaction

Here are the reactions to my pics from the weekend.  I am off to a pretty poor start overall at 3-5 but came up 2-2 on my 4 confident pics (*).  

(L) Michigan State -7.0 over Boise State – Boise State made this game much closer than I expected.  I think MSU will be good this year, but I guess this game shows you that Chris Peterson really knows what he is doing out there on the blue turf   

(L) * Navy +15.5 over Notre Dame – Notre Dame really showed up to play in Ireland.  They looked really good.  I'm surprised... to say the least.  

(L) * Penn State -6.5 over Ohio – Penn State crapped this game away.  They should have been able to take care of business, but couldn't.  Maybe the emotion of the moment got the best of them.  

(W) Miami -2.5 over BC – Miami took care of business in Chestnut Hill but I don't think this win really shows us anything about the Hurricanes.  We'll see how well they do as the season progresses.   

(W) * Clemson -3 over Auburn – This was a big win for Clemson and the ACC against a decent SEC team.  Clemson looks good, and once Sammy Watkins gets back they will be significantly better.  

(W) * Duke – 3 over FIU – Duke had an impressive first half against a decent team and ran away with this one.  

(L) Michigan +14 over Alabama – Well, I was wrong about about Michigan... I still think they will put together a decent season and pull things back together.  

(L) Virginia Tech -7 over Georgia Tech – VT pulled this one out, but couldn't cover the line.  Check out my reaction from this game tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment